Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Drought Season

By SEBASTIAN MILLA
Fluffyisgod@gmail.com

Aphrodite,
Pervasive girl, you are
Everywhere at once
Beckoning flesh beneath
Lush-peach skin;
Delicious, forbidden juice
Tangy, sharp liqueur that would
Seep between my lips if
Ever I had the fortune to
Lap it from the source
With my heathen tongue, my silver teeth
My banal ways of thought
I the animal, unto you,
Would tame without reward
For though my thirst is flame unbridled
Burning blisters in my throat
I, the beast, will remain unquenched
Until you will it so
Cruel mistress; apathetic,
Ruthless woman you
Taunt me from the eyes of
Every lover I could know
As every wanting gaze is yours
Noted here so named
“One Adored” as I am left
Tortured, unashamed
To not only be the bearer of
Her heavy, golden heart
But the will to keep the burden lashed
With rope and chain to wooden mast
Against siren’s songs of ancient past
All the while whilst you have
These lovers live apart

No comments: