
By ARIGA ABRAHAMIAN
arigaab@yahoo.com
As I sat at my computer thinking about who to write about for my next article that has inspired me, one person popped up in my head: Kim Kardashian. Kim Kardashian has been a role model of mine and has inspired me to reach for the stars. I quickly turned on my laptop and frantically searched for the people I can contact in order to reach Kim. After numerous phone calls and e-mails, I finally reached the correct person to talk to. Impatiently and anxiously waiting, the day finally came when I opened my mail and there it was, Kim Kardashian, my idol, has agreed to do an interview.
Although best known for her hit reality series, “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” on the E! Network, Kimberly Noel Kardashian’s contributions to business and style are the real motivators for this fashionista. Kim Kardashian has accomplished everything from modeling, acting, entrepreneurship, having her own perfume line and much more. Kim has faced many obstacles and hardships in starting her career and business, but she has looked at these obstacles as opportunities to success. Looking at Kim inspires me to pursue all of my dreams and makes me believe that nothing is impossible. With so many projects already completed, Kim has no plans to stop any time soon. As I find out more about her new business ventures, I become astonished by how Kim really does everything and still has time to have fun. When asked how she manages her time with so many projects, Kim replied “I am a business woman first and foremost so for me it’s natural. If I wasn’t working I would feel lazy.”
I was certainly proud to learn Kim and her sisters designed a jewelry line inspired by their Armenian heritage for Virgins, Saints, and Angels. These pieces will be offered at the launching of Project in Las Vegas this February, and at Nordstrom and Fred Segal Sparkle beginning in March. The jewelry line is a great way for the public to learn and appreciate Armenian inspired designs. It is impressive to see a popular and successful Armenian woman has the courage and ability to incorporate her ancestry in modern jewelry. Even though her father, Robert Kardashian, passed away in 2003, Kim celebrates her Armenian roots by spending time with her father’s family and other Armenian friends. I was really surprised to learn Kim visits Glendale, CA all the time. Although I grew up in Glendale, knowing that Kim’s favorite restaurant is Carousal really put a smile on my face.
As I sit at the coffee table reading a magazine, I come across a picture of Kim Kardashian wearing trendy sunglasses, black heels, leggings, and a black blazer and carrying her purse in one hand. It seems as if Kardashian is always picture perfect and looking her best. This inspires me to take care of myself and look my best at all times. Looking at pictures of Kim in various magazines has changed my fashion sense and has encouraged me to take fashion more seriously. Fashion has been a big part of Kim’s life, motivating her and her sisters to open up their own clothing store, Dash. One piece of advice Kim would give younger girls regarding fashion is, “Be yourself, and dress age appropriately.”
Kim has proven that if you really want something, you can make it happen. She has inspired me and many others to not give up our dreams. Many people look up to Kim Kardashian because she never gave up and still continually strives to be the best at everything she does. She is a great role model for women, urging all of us to pursue our dreams. In addition, Kardashian has helped me discover that no matter how many people try to put you down and tell you that you are not capable of doing something, you must put that negativity aside and do what truly makes you happy deep down inside.

1 comment:
This article is absolutely disgusting. The last person that any Armenian woman should be idolizing is Kim Kardashian. She is a no-talent hack that has made her fortune exploiting herself in pornography and media, hypnotizing jaded and easily impressed young women like yourself.
Amidst the bleakness of our social landscape, Kim and her ilk make us squint in the glare of a culture that radiates ultraviolet consumerism and infrared celebrity. That daily, hourly gnaw to your impressionable and feeble brain incessantly enforces the egregious, deceitful message that you are what you wear, what you drive, what you watch and what you watch it on, in livid, neon pixels. The only light in her and your life comes from these luminous corporate messages as she exploits your naivete for her own monetary gain.
I'm ashamed and embarrassed that not only has this sad excuse of a human being become the barometer by which "Armenian" is judged in the modern western world, but that young Armenians are now flocking to her as, of all things, a ROLE MODEL?
Mexkes. Go read a book.
Post a Comment