Sunday, December 13, 2009

Poetry: Nomad with Shackles

By Alex Minassians
Alexminassians@gmail.com

I think you may have mistaken me for someone else.
I am not this person you have pieced together in your mind,
In your heart.
I do not want these things which you desire to have:
A family, to settle down in one location,
An everlasting fairytale.
I am a drifter, my mind has shown me the way to the four corners of this corner-less earth.
My travels have shown me art, and culture and a profound new meaning to the term life,
Death.
Life is merely the path to death.
No man can turn back for we are all facing the same direction.
I would rather spend my life
Living in turmoil than
Resting in peace
This is why I believe you to be mistaken.
My life and yours,
Our paths do not inter-twine yet they have the same bearing.
And to that I must say that I do not want you,
To chain you to my life,
To restrain your potential to live.
Life is painful, death is peaceful,
And I do not want us to die today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pure genius. very relatable.